Living in Lund is popular and the city’s population is steadily increasing. To find a place to stay can therefore be quite challenging, especially when you are a student and at the beginning of term. In order to find your way through the jungle that is housing in Lund we have put together a map with all the different actors within student housing. To meet the demand various student housing options are currently being build. We put together the different projects for you to keep an eye on what is and will be happening.


Together with Lund University Student Unions (LUS) and Lund University the city of Lund runs Bopoolen.nu, a housing agency for students and those who want to sublet to students. Find out how it works here: 

> Bopoolen.nu

Register in Lund

Register in Lund

(Source: Swedish Tax Agency) 

If you have moved to Lund from abroad and are planning to live here for one year or more you should be registered in the Swedish population register. To be registered you must apply in person to the Swedish Tax Agency. This mainly applies to master students and not to exchange-students who usually do not stay longer than one or two terms. 

When you register with the Swedish Tax Agency (Skatteverket) you will receive your personnummer, which is vital for many things to do in Sweden, such as for example opening bank accounts. Make sure you bring the following documents when visiting the Tax Agency:

  • a valid passport (if you are a citizen of an EEA country (European Economic Area)) or Switzerland, a valid passport or a valid national identity card)
  • a residence permit and residence permit card if you are stateless or a citizen of a country outside the EEA
  • documentation that shows you have right of residence (if you are an EEA citizen). See below for Documentation for right of residence, and a registration certificate from the Migration Board if you have one
  • a marriage certificate or a residence card from the Migration Board if you have a family member who is an EEA citizen and has right of residence in Sweden
  • documentation proving your marital status
  • birth certificates if you have children.

For more information contact Skatteverket.


City Office

Postal address: Box 41, 221 00 Lund
Visitors address: Stortorget 7, Lund
Telephone (switchboard): 046-35 50 00


Jeanette Persson
Kommunkontoret, Lunds kommun
Telefon: 070-175 88 24, 046-359 30 51